“Size of the Problem”: HELPING CHILDREN IDENTIFY & COPE WITH PROBLEMS
- Designed for older students
- Offers creative and effective strategies to help children learn to cope with their problems
- Resources designed to promote a calm & peaceful state
- Help students learn to assign a severity level to problems they may encounter.
- This will help students manage their responses to problems and hopefully react in a manner consistent to the size of the problem.
Resources Included in Packet:
1. Teaching Poster
– helps children increase their emotional knowledge
– helps children to identify their problem size (Small, Medium, Big)
2. Journal Reflection
3. Mindfulness Coloring
4. “Shredding of Problems” Activity
5. Mandala Mindfulness
6. Self-Regulation Cards = Color Version
7. Self-Regulation Cards = Black/White (Ink Friendly) Version